Monday, April 10, 2006

Dickey's BBQ - Greenville, TX

We were almost to Dallas and I noticed this place and I thought it looked interesting. We haven't been to Dallas in about 2 years, so little did I know that Dickey's have been popping up all over the Dallas area. They seem to be in the same vein as Spring Creek BBQ. Its more of an attempt to take Texas BBQ and make it more mainstream or for a wider audience.




This was decent BBQ but a little on the "safe" side. There wasn't as much smoke as I would like, and I would have thought there would be no sauce in the vicinity of the brisket. It's one of those places that will allow you to introduce someone to Texas BBQ without worrying about it being too much of anything (too smoky, to spicy, etc). The only thing I don't like is the cafeteria style line you form and move through to get your food. There is always some idiot behind you acting like you are holding up their ability to eat. You get this impression that you have 1 second to choose or the BBQ nazi will kick you out of the line. That's for the birds. This is great for breeders....I mean families. Serious Q hunters should look for other less obvious choices.












No comments: